My soap is as natural as you can get, using locally sourced lard or tallow from ethically hunted wild game as a base. All are made in house, in small batches using a cold process method. Scents and colors come from herbs, and spices I use and the occasional essential oil. I absolutely will not use artificial colorants or fragrances.
Recycled molds? Yes, have you missed the strange shape my soaps have? I use a number of items from yogurt cups to mushroom tubs. If I can use it before I have to recycle it then I will! I am all for recycling but sadly it DOES cost to turn our ‘trash’ into a new item so I try to skip this step as long as possible and produce another product from them. So I may not have the neatest rectangle shaped bar of soap you may like that this is due to the strict morals we have related to reusing items.
In the future I hope to expand to other bases, such as Olive Oil, Shea Butter, and more but for now I am focusing on building a good reputation with quality products that I am proud to put my name on.
I do not want to be rich. Plain and simple, the things I am pushing you to buy-its because I enjoy making them. I like to spend my free time on these things. So there is no ‘labor cost’. When you buy things I make its because you know the value of local products. If I cover my costs and provide a bit of profit to help my family that’s all I need.
(If there is a link available to click I have this type on hand, and you can view it.)
- Lavender Bambi – This is exactly what it sounds like, a deer tallow base with a light lavender fragrance. It is a harder bar than lard and seems to be the most popular.
- Band Aid Bar – Smaller than my usual bar this one is perfect for what ails you. It has it’s own distinct scent due to the addition of neem oil, and tea tree oil. Both of these contain antimicrobial properties that are wonderful for cleaning cuts, washing feet or any any area that may be troubled by bacteria.
- Basic Bar – Simple soap, no scent just suds
- Yuletide – These are larger bars, a standard rectangle shape. Lard base with peppermint essential oil and cinnamon. Perfect for holiday gift giving, even if it’s a gift for yourself.
- Castile – Extra virgin olive oil only, no scent, no color just soap.
- Balsam – This sadly did not work out as I had hoped. It has balsam which is a wonderful woody scent but it appears it was burnt as the fats were soaponified. Even a failure isn’t always a total loss, it’s pattern is lovely (likened to granite) and it has a nice rough texture.